Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Repertory Theatre Cast Post: Getting In


I was at the hardware store with my dad. I knew that if I got a call that day, it would mean I was in the cast. My phone rang in my pocket, making me jump and immediately start screaming.

“It’s ringing!”

I got quite a few interesting looks. I picked up the phone, talked to the stage manager, and then turned to my dad.

“I got in! I got in! I got in!” I squealed.

I had been cast in the musical Changing Minds for Civic’s Summer Reparatory Theatre!

I listened to the Changing Minds soundtrack on repeat while counting down the weeks until our first meeting. By the time June 10 came around, I had found all of my cast members on Facebook and could name almost everyone when I saw them. It’s safe to say I was excited.

SRT has turned out to be more than I expected! I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone more as show day, July 27, approaches. We sing, dance, act, and have fun together! SRT has made my summer so much more than I could have hoped for.

--Grace Oxford

Grace will be playing a minion in "Changing Minds".

Order Your Tickets for the Show NOW!

item3c1